Monday, August 27, 2012

Emma's first week at Bethel Christian School

The first week of school was really great! I made friends, I like my subjects and I had lots of fun. Everything in my school is Christ-centred. On the first day the very first thing we did was gather in the great hall for worship, then get acquainted with our classmates. At first, I had no one to sit with, but then a girl named Hannah came and sat with me. We talked for a bit, and I hung out with her at lunch and recess. I found out that she has been at Bethel for four years, she is from New Zealand and she loves dance.

In the gym/sanctuary on my first day at Bethel  
I found all my classes and everything went smoothly until last period P.E. I was wandering around the hallway until finally I ran into some girls in my class and they pointed me in the right direction. I got there just in time. Our gym teacher, Ms. Cambonne, was JUST starting the class. We had free time because it was only the first day. There, I met another girl in my class named Leesha, and she is so nice! She is also here for a year while her parents are going to school, she is from Switzerland and she has three younger sisters.

The next day I went to school and sat by Leesha and helped her all day with her English. She is very good at speaking it but needs help writing. We hung out with Hannah at the breaks and had fun together.

The rest of the week went by quickly. I think I will become good friends with Leesha and my favourite subject will be Bible. Overall, I think I will love Bethel Christian School and California. My year is off to a good start!

Love,
Emma 

No comments:

Post a Comment